Family Law and Domestic Relations
Going through a separation, divorce, or domestic dispute can be a difficult and challenging time both emotionally and financially.
The attorneys at Zeldes, Needle & Cooper are well-versed in the Connecticut family law system and can guide you with their services in all of the following areas:
- Dissolutions of marriage(divorce), legal separations, and annulments
- Prenuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Settlement negotiations, mediation or collaborative divorce, uncontested proceedings, court hearings, trials, and appeals.
- Custody, visitation, and parenting plan disputes
- Petitions for child support
- Enforcement and defense of various family law orders and financial awards, including alimony, support, and property division
- Post-judgment proceedings and modifications
- Proceedings involving the Department of Child and Family Services relating to alleged child abuse or neglect, or termination of parental rights
- Issues concerning Connecticut same-sex marriage
- High net-worth matrimonial litigation
Our attorneys will also help you understand the factors that Connecticut’s family law courts and judges will consider in resolving a marriage or child custody dispute, including infidelity, domestic violence, alcoholism or addiction and the marital finances, while taking into consideration the best interests of the minor children.